Hi lovely people, it’s been a while but I’m so happy to be back blogging! Did you notice the new theme?? Love it! Okay, so I have had lots of questions over the years about what I do to my hair or what my natural hair routine is. In today’s post, *drum roll*….I will be sharing my hair care routine with you. There is not a single perfect routine that works for everybody but hopefully my routine helps someone out. Of course you can pick at it and tweak it to suit your hair type, so lets get into it….
ABOUT MY HAIR
Hair type – 3c/4a I’m not really sure about that.
Hair length – Shoulder length when wet/washed. Armpit length when straightened on the sides and Bra-strap length when straightened in the back.
Number of years Natural – My hair is four and a half (4 1/2) years natural.
Hair Goals – Grow my hair to waist length and maintain healthy hair.
MY HAIR ROUTINE
1.WASH – I wash my hair about every two weeks.*emphasis on about* I can go up to a month without washing my hair (I get lazy, what can I say?) but it’s all good. My hair doesn’t itch or anything like that. I “cured” my itch problem with apple cider vinegar, and years of practice has helped me perfect my product use thereby minimizing product build-up.
SHAMPOO / CO-WASH – I co-wash every two weeks, co-washing means I wash my hair with conditioner only. I shampoo my hair every couple months and clarify with apple cider vinegar.
2. DEEP CONDITIONING – I make it a point to deep condition my hair every time I wash. I deep condition before every wash (yes, before). I detangle my hair thoroughly during this stage.
Deep conditioners I have used include: Creme of nature Argan oil intensive conditioner, ORS olive oil replenishing conditioner, and Organics hair mayonnaise by Africa’s Best.
3. MOISTURIZING / STYLING – Leave-in conditioners, my raw Shea butter mix and coconut oil are my go-to hair moisturizers. The three together keep my hair moisturized really well.
Buns are my go-to hair style but I have recently been wearing my hair in low pony-tails. I do twist-outs and braid-outs as a base to stretch out my hair for any style I decide to do.
4. At night, I put my hair up in a pineapple or loose bun and use a satin scarf and I sleep on a satin pillow case.
5. I repeat this cycle every two weeks.
6. I trim my ends whenever I think I really need it, which is once a year. Same with straightening my hair, I do that once a year too.
That is it guys, my very simple routine/ regimen. I think simple is always the best way to go, my routine works well for me. So try different products and techniques and find what works best for you and your hair and stick to it. Let me know in the comments what routine works best for your hair.
Thanks for stopping by, XOX Sel.