Hi lovely people, It feels so good to be blogging again after not doing it for a while. I apologise for my absence, I had good reasons for it. I bet you missed me, don’t even try to deny it. Anyways, I’m back for good and I’m never leaving your side ever again..promise! This post is about an award I got nominated for by the lovely Blessing of thefalliblequeen blog. Check her amazing blog out. The nomination was for the “Liebster Award”. It is basically bloggers nominating other bloggers, and there are rules to follow. As a new blogger, I’m so grateful to have been nominated, so thank you so much Blessing. I truly, really appreciate it. Liebster Award Rules:
- Post 11 random facts about yourself
- Answer 11 questions asked by your nominator
- Nominate 11 other bloggers and ask them 11 different questions
- Let them know they have been nominated
11 Random Facts About Me:
- My favorite holiday is Black Friday…uhmm..sales! hello???
- I love travelling
- I don’t have a favorite music genre, as long as it’s a decent song, I’ll like it
- I feel bad for snakes because no one seems to like them…poor creatures
- I love to eat
- I speak 3 languages
- Purple is my favorite color, but I don’t like to wear it
- I love adventure, fantasy, sci fi movies..*Merlin is my favorite*
- Dance is one of my passions – love dance-hall and hip-hop
- I like Old fashion donuts *I’m a plain gal*
- I’ve never been to a concert
Questions from Blessing:
- How did you come up with your blog name?
Wow…picking a name for my blog was a bit of a challenge, I came up with lots and lots of ridiculous names. But I finally decided to use two things my blog was going to be about, hair and food. That was when Kinks and kale was birthed. Kinks because obviously I have kinky hair and kale for food, as it is the “healthiest food” to ever grow out of the soil.
- What’s your favorite quote?
“In the end we only regret the chances we didn’t take”
Knowing that I have made a positive impact on someone’s life makes me happy. Seeing other people happy makes me happy. Dancing makes me happy.
My goals and dreams inspire me. Whenever I think about things I want to achieve in life and things I want to do, it gets me going and motivates me to achieve them.
- What is your favorite song?
I don’t really have a favorite song, there are so many good ones out there. But I’m currently loving Confident by Demi Lovato…love her!
- What is your favorite movie?
Merlin! Is it a movie though???
- How has blogging helped you?
In the really short period that I have been blogging, I have improved my writing and thinking skills. Blogging has also helped me help people..which is awesome and always a plus.
- What is your favorite activity?
Dancing is my favorite activity…I’m loving blogging too
- What piece of advice would you give to others?
“Just do it! “would be my advice. lol what’s up NIKE….. whatever it might be, go for it because like favorite quote says, “you only regret the chances you don’t take”
- Why did you start a blog?
I started my blog because I wanted to document a journey and also I started getting questions from people about my hair and stuff. Not just from friends but strangers too so I decided to put the information out on the inter-web for anyone who needs it.
hmm… this is a hard choice.. I love me some mascara but I’ll go for lipstick. I feel like when you have lipstick on, it gives the illusion of wearing full face makeup even when you have nothing on your face. My Super Cool Nominees are… Blackandbookish Comfygirlwithcurls Diaryofitness Recreatethecliche Simplycarmenrenee Eboniethomspills Melanaidstand Totallytanisha Keepupwithkish Nocountryforoldtrends Yourwellnessblog Questions for my Nominees:
- Why did you start blogging?
- What is your favorite word?
- Dogs or cats?
- If you had to lie, what job would you say you did?
- If you were cupid, and able to make anyone in the world fall in love with you, who would you choose?
- What inspires/motivates you?
- Describe yourself in one word
- Introvert or extrovert?
- What is your favorite thing to eat?
- What is the best way to your heart?
- Name one short-term goal you have set so far.
That is it for this one guys! I hope you enjoyed this post and now know a little bit more about me. Ask away if you have any questions. Thanks again to the falliblequeen for the nomination. See you on my next post.